Monday, April 23, 2012

Waco to Dallas

I stopped in Waco to see the Dr. Pepper Museum.  I don't even like Dr. Pepper but the museum was very interesting.  The whole story of how the soda was invented was told by one of the best animatronic figures I have ever seen.  The museum displayed beautiful cabinets and soda fountains with great detailed carvings and lovely stained glass work.  They had the requisite bottles of potions being that the original soda fountain was part of a pharmacy.  They also showed a bottling machine and the original well that supplied the pure water for the soda.  All in all it was worth the trip.



I next headed to Dallas and the Mary Kay Museum.  I have always admired Mary Kay and what she was able to do for women.  The museum, for what it was, is housed in corporate Headquarters.  It is very small and has nothing much in it.  It showed prizes that women can win, prizes that Mary Kay was awarded and news coverage of her through the years.  They showed a lot of clothes labeled Sales Directors suit year ----.  I'm not sure what that was about.  Did the sales director have to wear that outfit?  Not many women could pull the outfits off.

After Mary Kay I decided that I was tired of running from one tourist spot to another as though I had to get so many notches in my belt.  I got myself a room and went and took a long nap. I felt wonderfully indulgent.  It turns out I'm in the flight path of the Dallas/Fort Worth Airport but you only sort of hear it.  Tomorrow I think I will head to some serious art museums.

No comments:

Post a Comment