Saturday, April 21, 2012

Really San Antonio

Before I left Austin this morning I went on a Duck Adventure tour.  Since I didn't have a reservation I had to wait and see if the waiting list would get on.  I was first on the waiting list as I am compulsively early.  Sure enough I got to go.  The bad part was my camera battery ran down so I have no pictures of the trip around Austin.  Unlike my other electronics it does not give you a warning that the battery is low.  It simply shuts itself down.  Very contrary.

This morning I also realized that I had really meant to go to San Antonio yesterday not Austin.  There were many more things I wanted to do in San Antonio than in Austin.  All the special music clubs that John had told me about have since been torn down and hotels, condos and office buildings have been put up instead.  The Duck narrator was about my age and he bemoaned their loss.  Unfortunately the Duck tour had to go out into the lake which was really the Colorado River just to prove it was really amphibian.  That part of the tour was boring.

After the tour I headed out to the real San Antonio.  It wasn't a big deal to get to, but it was a big deal to get a room to stay in.  The places close to downtown were all full.  I'm out in the industrial area but at least it's quiet today.  I'm not sure where dinner will be available but I will survive.  I've discovered that sometimes my Garmin has trouble with North and South.  Plus it's interpretation of some words is interesting.  St when it should be Saint becomes street, which is understandable, but Sts becomes suites.

Tomorrow being Sunday I have found a UU congregation to attend.  Its website is not as nice as ours and they have 490 members.  They are doing an outdoor Earth Day service.  They also have adult RE which I will try if I find them in time.

No comments:

Post a Comment