Monday, April 16, 2012

Finally the Crystal Bridges Museum

Well it's hard to believe but I finally managed to get into the museum.  There is no charge as it is supported by Walmart.  I have no idea why it is called Crystal Bridges as there isn't a glass bridge anywhere in sight.  They have the museum nicely arranged on a timeline and a nice representation of each period of art.  It is a very nice collection with some choice pieces.  They have a huge collection of Martin Heades.  He is known for his beautiful hummingbirds of South America.  Their Hudson River School works don't hold a candle to the works we have at Reynolda House.  Our Bierstadt, Cole and Church are so far superior!  They do have a few nice Morans, Sergeants and Bellows and others too numerous to name.  It was a very pleasant experience.

I've come to realize that most of my days from here on out will be spent driving from place to place.  America is much larger than it looks on the maps.  I had to break up the trip from Bentonville to New Orleans somehow so I have stopped in a town called Natchitoches.  There is an alligator farm which I will visit tomorrow.  I'm getting no exercise so I'm going to start using the treadmills at the hotels before I leave in the mornings.  Of course now that I made that decision I am staying at a Best Western which doesn't have an exercise room.

Thank you Phyllis.  I am a little confused these days.  I have lost track of the days, date and obviously the months.  Thank you for reminding me that Memorial day is in May.

2 comments:

  1. Sleep well. The West is much more exciting and beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here is a link to a Youtube video that shows you very clearly how to post pictures to your blog!
    Love you! Talk to you soon
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RTQ5dYTxsOI

    ReplyDelete