Monday, April 2, 2012

1st day

Well the first day has been a huge success.  I did drive through some terrible rain every once in awhile but it didn't affect my mood.  Going through the mountains was beautiful.  They looked like a Monet painting. All soft greens,purples and muted browns with a shot of white to make the whole thing pop.

I made great time getting through NC as I do drive rather fast.  I headed up to the Cumberland Gap.  In order to really see the Gap you have to climb up the hill.  Well off I started and quickly down I came,  there was poison ivy everywhere.  There is nothing that frightens me more than poison ivy.  I figure I could live without seeing the Gap.

I did get to the Abraham Lincoln Museum at the Lincoln Memorial University in Harrogate, TN.  It is a very small museum with some lovely exhibits, artifacts and  dioramas.  It was well worth  the trip.  Upstairs at the museum they had a display about all the movies made about Abraham Lincoln.  It was very clever.

I'm now happily enfolded into Judi and Lenny's household.  I'm being fed good food and being given a bed to sleep in.  Life is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment