Wednesday, April 18, 2012

New Orleans

Well I have now seen and toured New Orleans.  I can say I am not that impressed.  The French Quarter is very charming but not that different than the old centers of every old center city I've ever seen in Europe or America.  I took a tour and was fascinated by the things that were begun in New Orleans.  The process of creating brown sugar and then white sugar were invented here.  The word and idea of cocktails was started here.  There were many other things but i didn't take notes.  I took lots of photos of buildings because of the lovely balconies.  some just had beautiful railings others had a profusion of plants and/or flowers.  I walked around on my own or on the tour for about 5 hours.  I had a lovely lunch at a cute cafe on a corner in the middle of the Quarter.  I had soft shell crab Po' Boy.  For that I was in heaven.  There is little else that I love more than soft shell crab.

Last night Alex taught me how to add photos to my posts, so I am going to go back and add photos to old posts.  So far I only have processed the photos from the old camera so those are as far as we will go.  It will get done in batches.  As I am still learning the new camera it might take a while for those photos to appear.

3 comments:

  1. Wow!! Great pictures. I already checked them out. I can't wait to go back and reread your posts with the pictures. Missed you at breakfast. Pat said Hi!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How to see the pics? I can not find where.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You and Harry will have to do a soft-shell-crab dinner together sometime - he holds the same opinion of them as you! :o)

    Missing you but I'm enjoying reading about your trip so far!

    ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete