Sunday, April 15, 2012

Exhaustion

Today was mostly driving.  I drove from the middle of Kansas all the way east and then down the east side, briefly into Missouri and then into Arkansas.  I am now back in Bentonville to try once more to see the Crystal Bridges Museum.  I had this sudden fear that tomorrow was Memorial Day but it turns out it's next week.

I did stop in Wamego, Kansas to tour the Oz Museum.  It was so much fun.  It was a trade off between the Wamego Oz Museum or Dodge City and the Liberal Wizard of Oz Museum.  I decided that Dodge City looked very commercial and phony.  Also Martha said the Oz Museum in Wamego was very good.  Anyway, the museum was really well done and had so much to see.  It had large dioramas for each of the main characters, film clips, copies of the books and translations from all over the world, toys and games.

I'm  too punchy to be very interesting tonight so forgive me.  Hopefully tomorrow I'll have lots more to say.

2 comments:

  1. Luce,
    Memorial Day is in May. You are still in April. Drive safely. Have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whew!!! Glad Phyllis cleared that up.

    ReplyDelete