Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Garden of the Gods

Today required a lot of driving.  At first I wasn't sure that I would get to see anything at all.  The Garmin couldn't find the Garden so I was on my own in finding the park.  Luckily it didn't seem to be too difficult  because it was only two highways.  I figured they would have signs from the second highway, and they did.  My thighs are very sore from climbing around Mesa Verde, it even hurts getting in and out of the car.  I'll live.

The Garden of the Gods was stupendous.  Out of a bland surrounding landscape is this gorgeous formation of red rocks.  They are all shapes and sizes, creating imaginary animals and other forms.  They had several walks so you could get different views of the rock formations.  I am still having a hard time with the altitude.  I walk around huffing and puffing sounding like I'm dying.  I'm really fine but I do have  to stop periodically to catch my breath.  It is very embarrassing.

1 comment: