Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Fish

Today was a fishy day.  I drove to Newport, Oregon to do a Marine Discovery tour.  SInce I got there early I went to the aquarium.  It was a small but pleasant place.  The seal and sea lion display was very nice.  They had some very nice displays and a lovely touch pool.  I could only kill so much time in the aquarium.  So I went to lunch and ate as slowly as I could.  Then I went to the hotel to see if they  had a room ready for me.  I was lucky and they could accommodate me.  I immediately took a nap.

I had to be at the Marine Discovery Tour office an hour before the time of cast off.  So I arrived at a little after 5:00 only to discover that I had left my money and credit cards at the hotel.  Luckily I have a stash of cash in the car for emergencies.  Of course I had no driver's license.  The tour was a terrible disappointment.  We saw almost no sea life.  It was too rough to go out into the ocean so no whales or dolphins.  We did see one sea otter, who seemed to have wandered far afield.  There were seals hauled out on some rocks and that was it.  We were shown an oyster farm which was interesting.  But mostly we were shown boats and told about fishing.  The people were very nice and very knowledgeable.  We threw out two crab pots and pulled them in on our way back in.  It was fun to see what types of crabs we caught, they were thrown back after being examined.

No comments:

Post a Comment