Sunday, June 3, 2012

Another wasted day

I set off early for Glacier National Park.  It took more than 6 hours to get into the area so I went to the hotel first.  I needed to make sure my room was on the first floor because they don't have an elevator.  It rained on and off all day.  When I got to the hotel I learned that the Road to the Sun, the main attraction, is still closed.  They are afraid to clear the snow because it may cause avalanches.  Other roads are partially open.  Because of the rain I decided not to spend the time getting to the park today and trying to get there tomorrow.  It is a crap shoot, the weather could be better or worse.  Up here it seems to be very changeable hour by hour.

The drive was very interesting and quite beautiful.  You can see the Tetons from everywhere and even in the rain they seem to sparkle.  The other mountains are green and undulate against the Tetons.  It was fun.

Wish me luck for tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment